List:       r-sig-mac
Subject:    Re: [R-SIG-Mac]  =?utf-8?q?R_and_Java_10_=E2=9E=9C_rJava_not_able_to_?=
From:       Luis Puerto <luiss.puerto () gmail ! com>
Date:       2018-03-28 14:27:16

Hi Jeff,

Sorry if I've done something wrong posting to more that one list. Perhaps I should \
have written just different emails for each list so people from one list don't reply \
to the other lists. Apologies for that.

On another note, thanks for your reply. Let's hope that we soon can have only one \
version of Java.

Best Regards
Luis Puerto
http://luisspuerto.net

> On 28 Mar 2018, at 14:10, Prof Brian Ripley <ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> On 27/03/2018 20:25, Luis Puerto wrote:
> > rJava is not yet compatible with Java 10
>
> Is the correct answer.  How to work around this is in the current manual, \
> specifically R-admin for R 3.5.0 alpha or R-devel.
> Java 10 has been out for 8 days, and the rJava maintainer was made aware of the \
> issues early this month, several other package maintainers only today.  The advice \
> is to stick to an LTS release of Java (currently 8) unless you know what you are \
> doing.
> And don't post to multiple lists!
>
> --
> Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley@stats.ox.ac.uk
> Emeritus Professor of Applied Statistics, University of Oxford

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]