List:       r-sig-mac
Subject:    [R-SIG-Mac] R crashes after installing certain packages
From:       "Charabuddi, Chaitanya Krishna Reddy" <cxc155530 () utdallas ! edu>
Date:       2016-10-31 23:57:32

Hello,

I'm running R (3.3.1) with R-Studio (0.99.903) and Xquatrz (2.7.11) on my Macbook Pro \
with macOS Sierra (10.12.1).

I'm facing a weird problem, after installing basic packages such as – car, plyr, \
etc. They get installed just fine when I use install.packages() command but the \
problem comes when I'm calling the package using library() command. As soon as I run \
this command (ex: library(car)), R crashes and I have to restart R again. I tried \
installing and re-installing all the applications (R, R-studio and X-Quartz) but \
can't get around the problem.

Can you please help me?

Note: I'm not very technically sound in these issues and a solution explained in a \
layman language will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chaitanya
Graduate student
MS in Business Analytics