List:       r-sig-mac
Subject:    [R-SIG-Mac]  error while loading 'gstat' on R 2.14.0
From:       Edmund Har <edmundthhar () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-11-07 16:14:45

Hi all,

I am trying to install gstat 1.0-8 on R version 2.14.0 (32-bit) on my MacBook Pro \
(Mac OS X 10.6.8). I downloaded the binary package from CRAN website and while I \
tried loading it, the following message was shown:

> Error in dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...) :
> unable to load shared object \
> '/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.14/Resources/library/gstat/libs/i386/gstat.so':
>  dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.14/Resources/library/gstat/libs/i386/gstat.so, \
> 6): Library not loaded: \
> /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.13/Resources/lib/libR.dylib Referenced \
> from: /Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/2.14/Resources/library/gstat/libs/i386/gstat.so
>
> Reason: image not found
> In addition: Warning messages:
> 1: replacing previous import 'is.projected' when loading 'spacetime'
> 2: replacing previous import 'proj4string' when loading 'spacetime'
> 3: replacing previous import 'proj4string<-' when loading 'spacetime'
> Error: package/namespace load failed for 'gstat'

I followed the directory in the message and found that the file gstat.so is actually \
there. Is the problem because of the other packages I loaded at the same time?

FYI - Here is the list of the other packages I downloaded and loaded onto R: \
AnnotationDbi, DBI, RColorBrewer, RSQLite, annotate, geneplotter, gmt, lattice, \
mapdata, mapproj, maps, oce, sp, spacetime, xts, zoo.

I would appreciate a lot if you could help me solve the problem. Looking forward to \
your reply. Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Edmund
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]