List:       r-sig-mac
Subject:    [R-SIG-Mac] external help browser [Was: R.app feature request]
From:       Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek () r-project ! org>
Date:       2009-12-13 0:36:00

In the latest GUI (1.31-rc) you can enable external browser for the help pages by \
setting the use.external.help preference to YES. It's not recommended (since it sort \
of disables the help system), but for those that requested it it's now possible.

Cheers,
Simon

to enable (in Terminal):
defaults write org.R-project.R use.external.help YES

to revert to default:
defaults delete org.R-project.R use.external.help