List:       r-sig-mac
Subject:    [R-SIG-Mac] (no subject)
From:       Cameron Redsell-Montgomerie <credsell () uoguelph ! ca>
Date:       2008-03-27 0:57:30

I am currently writing a paper comparing various packages in
different programs, and how they handle GEE. I was wondering if you
could help me out a bit.
Beyond the options included in each package, I've noticed a variance
in the various estimates and standard errors for most working
correlation options between packages. The most is observed in
Unstructured, and none in independence obviously. From what I've been
able to gather the difference is coming from how the working
correlations are calculated. Slight modifications in the residual
calculation etc.
I was wondering if you could tell me how geepack or gee calculates
correlation, and how I could reproduce the working correlation in
geepack, without using GEE, so I can see the difference. Or at least
the initial iteration correlation estimate.
Any information you know about other packages would be greatly
appreciated too!!
Could you also include full citation for yourself so I can properly
cite you,

Cameron Redsell-Montgomerie
MSc Statistics
University of Guelph