List:       r-sig-mac
Subject:    [R-SIG-Mac] Saving Chinese text in  Quartz/pdf
From:       DinoDragon <timd_huang () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2008-03-19 2:00:12

I encountered a problem that I don't know where to or how to solve this.
R 2.6.2, Mac OS 10.4.11, on iMac G5.

I can put Chinese text to a Quartz window. There is no problem to show
the correct Chinese text string.

However, when this Quartz window is saved (to a pdf file), and open by
Acrobat or Acrobat Reader, the Chinese text will become ".......". I
also check this file with Apple's Preview and some web browsers. All the
same. So, it seems to me that the Chinese text string was not handled
correctly during the process from Quartz window to pdf file.

In order to get my Chinese text string in Quartz window to be saved
correctly in pdf, do I have to set up some parameters?

Or is this a bug?

Any help is very highly appreciated.
--

Smiles,

Timothy Huang 黃大ㄧ

43, Lane 525, Section 3, AnKang Road, XinDian City

Taipei County, Taiwan 23156, Rep. of China

台北縣23156新店市安康路三段525巷43號

Tel 886-2-2214-0517 Fax 886-2-2214-4201

Get Skype <http://www.skype.com/go/download> and call me for free.

Web: www.dinodragon.com <http://www.dinodragon.com/>