List:       r-sig-mac
Subject:    Re: [R-SIG-Mac] Tcl/Tk Package issue on Leopard
From:       Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek () r-project ! org>
Date:       2008-02-26 19:06:47

On Feb 26, 2008, at 1:54 PM, Matthew Keller wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We were having a similar problem with tcltk in trying to install the
> snow package in 64bit R (details below).

This has nothing to do with snow - you're loading Tck/Tk to show the
CRAN list and that is what fails w/o proper X11 libraries.

> We fixed the problem by creating a link from /usr/X11R6 to /usr/
> local/X11R7 (ln -s /usr/X11R6 /usr/local/X11R7).

Leopard's X11 is based on a Xorg release and hence likely compatible
with the X11 that the Tcl/Tk binary was built against, so the above
trick works, more precisely:
sudo ln -s /usr/X11 /usr/local/X11R7

Cheers,
Simon

>  That was enough to enable the libtk8.4 to load, but we're still not
> sure if it has
> created a fully functional snow.

ditto - this has nothing to do with "snow".