List:       r-sig-mac
Subject:    Re: [R-SIG-Mac] Creating Mac binary packages
From:       Simon Urbanek <simon.urbanek () r-project ! org>
Date:       2005-11-29 22:43:50

Hi Keith,

On Nov 29, 2005, at 2:59 AM, Keith Satterley wrote:

> I would like to produce Mac binary packages so that I can install
> them on other Macs in our building, which don't have the the
> development tools on them. This is mainly for testing before I
> release a version to Bioconductor.
>
> Is there something particularly magical about creating a binary Mac
> package as I can't seem to find much on doing it, apart from
> sending it off to CRAN.

Not at all - it's identical to building binaries on unix, so it just
means to run
R CMD build --binary foo.tar.gz
(or alternatively R CMD INSTALL --build ...)

AFAIR the question that James had was whether he should be doing this
himself or whether there is some facility that we provide..

Cheers,
Simon