List:       r-sig-mac
Subject:    [R-SIG-Mac] R (batteries included) on http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/pub
From:       Jan de Leeuw <deleeuw () stat ! ucla ! edu>
Date:       2004-10-04 19:31:18

The 10-04-04 version has some important changes. First, we'll drop the
hack which allows you to use Quartz graphics from the Terminal and
Emacs versions. Thus we go back to X11 graphics for those GUI's, and we
drop support for AquaTclTk. Second, I'll use the new Aqua GUI for R
contributed by Stefano and Simon. Third, there are now over 570
packages, all recompiled for R-2.0.0. The installer is a meta-package,
which installs (by default) R-dist with recommended packages, the Cocoa
R.app, and support dynamic libraries. You can also use it to optionally
install Carbon Emacs and GTK+OSX.
===
Jan de Leeuw; Professor and Chair, UCLA Department of Statistics;
Editor: Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Statistical
Software
US mail: 9432 Boelter Hall, Box 951554, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1554
phone (310)-825-9550;  fax (310)-206-5658;  email: deleeuw@stat.ucla.edu
homepage: http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu

           No matter where you go, there you are. --- Buckaroo Banzai
                    http://gifi.stat.ucla.edu/sounds/nomatter.au