List:       r-sig-geo
Subject:    [R-sig-Geo] Online course: Multivariate Data Analysis with R and vegan
From:       "info () physalia-courses ! org" <info () physalia-courses ! org>
Date:       2024-04-08 5:53:52

Dear all,
There are a few seats left for our upcoming online course, "Multivariate Data \
Analysis with R and vegan" scheduled for 27-31 May. Course Overview: In this course, \
participants will delve into the powerful capabilities of R, specifically focusing on \
the vegan package. From ordination methods to restricted permutations, you'll gain \
hands-on experience and practical insights into analyzing diverse datasets. Target \
Audience and Assumed Background: Ideal for PhD students and researchers in biology \
and ecology-related fields, this course assumes a basic familiarity with RStudio and \
programming R code. We welcome individuals with limited statistical knowledge but a \
strong desire to learn. Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course, you will:
- Gain a foundational understanding of multivariate data analysis approaches.
- Learn to select the most suitable method for your dataset.
- Master the use of restricted permutation tests with constrained ordination methods.
- Develop proficiency in utilizing R for multivariate data analysis.
Program Highlights: Sessions will run from 14:00 to 20:00 (Monday to Thursday) and \
14:00 to 19:00 on Friday (Berlin time). The course structure includes lectures, \
practical exercises, and Q&A sessions to ensure an interactive and engaging learning \
experience. For more information, please visit our course website: \
https://www.physalia-courses.org/courses-workshops/vegan/ Best regards,
Carlo

Carlo Pecoraro, Ph.D

Physalia-courses DIRECTOR