List:       r-sig-geo
Subject:    [R-sig-Geo] ETAS package help
From:       Cenk İÇÖZ via R-sig-Geo <r-sig-geo () r-project ! org>
Date:       2017-11-23 20:10:53

Dear all,

I am trying to fit an earthquake catalog but I am newbie to spatio-temporal=
 epidemic type aftershock model.
I found ETAS package on R however I could not fit my catalog. There are exa=
mples of initial parameter set in package documentation for given data-sets=
. However I do not have any idea how to determine this initial parameter se=
t and it is not explained.
How to determine this parameter set? Algorithm of minimizing the negative l=
og likelihood diverges or gave erroneous results while given no parameter s=
et or irrevelant parameter set.
Are there any other packages to fit st ETAS model with using likelihood fun=
ction as an alternative?

Thanks in advance.
Cenk

________________________________

Bu elektronik posta ve onunla iletilen b=FCt=FCn dosyalar sadece yukar=FDda=
 isimleri belirtilen ki=FEiler aras=FDnda =F6zel haberle=FEme amac=FDn=FD t=
a=FE=FDmakta olup g=F6nderici taraf=FDndan al=FDnmas=FD ama=E7lanan yetkili=
 ger=E7ek ya da t=FCzel ki=FEinin kullan=FDm=FDna aittir. E=F0er bu elektro=
nik posta size yanl=FD=FEl=FDkla ula=FEm=FD=FEsa, elektronik postan=FDn i=
=E7eri=F0ini a=E7=FDklaman=FDz, kopyalaman=FDz, y=F6nlendirmeniz ve kullanm=
an=FDz kesinlikle yasakt=FDr. Bu durumda, l=FCtfen mesaj=FD geri g=F6nderin=
iz ve sisteminizden siliniz. Anadolu =DCniversitesi bu mesaj=FDn i=E7erdi=
=F0i bilgilerin do=F0rulu=F0u veya eksiksiz oldu=F0u konusunda herhangi bir=
 garanti vermemektedir. Bu nedenle bu bilgilerin ne =FEekilde olursa olsun =
i=E7eri=F0inden, iletilmesinden, al=FDnmas=FDndan ve saklanmas=FDndan sorum=
lu de=F0ildir. Bu mesajdaki g=F6r=FC=FEler yaln=FDzca g=F6nderen ki=FEiye a=
ittir ve Anadolu =DCniversitesinin g=F6r=FC=FElerini yans=FDtmayabilir.

This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it are intended for the=
 private use of the people named above. If you are not the intended recipie=
nt and received this message in error, forwarding, copying or use of any of=
 the information is strictly prohibited. Any dissemination or use of this i=
nformation by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized an=
d may be illegal. In this case, please immediately notify the sender and de=
lete it from your system. Anadolu University does not guarantee the accurac=
y or completeness of any information included in this message. Therefore, b=
y any means Anadolu University is not responsible for the content of the me=
ssage, and the transmission, reception, storage, and use of the information=
. The opinions expressed in this message only belong to the sender of it an=
d may not reflect the opinions of Anadolu University.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]