List:       r-sig-geo
Subject:    Re: [R-sig-Geo] Fw:  "Spdep" linear regression code
From:       Roger Bivand <Roger.Bivand () nhh ! no>
Date:       2011-10-26 14:00:47

On Wed, 26 Oct 2011, Mariana Benitez rojas wrote:

> Thank you very much Roger and Dennis,
>
> I need to do spatial regression for my project on "house prices values"
> so I will definitely need to use the wonderful "spdep" package (of
> course the latest version 0.5-40).
>
> Along with reading more about R, I am curious to see how the statistics
> like the "p-value" and "z-value" of auto-correlation parameters are
> estimated. Also how "rho.se" or "lambda.se" and their covariances with
> other coefficients are calculated in the coefficient covariance matrix
> code so then I can understand and interpret it for myself.

The most up-to-date reference is given on the relevant help pages:

LeSage J and RK Pace (2009) Introduction to Spatial Econometrics. CRC
Press, Boca Raton.

and the methods used for computing the standard errors vary depending on
the method= and trs= arguments to lagsarlm() and errorsarlm() - trs= is
not (yet) used in sacsarlm.

Roger

--
Roger Bivand