List:       r-sig-geo
Subject:    [R-sig-Geo] Support size in gstat object
From:       piero campa <piero.campa () gmail ! com>
Date:       2011-01-24 15:47:53

Hi,
I couldn't find on ?gstat, ?predict.gstat nor here the answers to these
little doubts:

> > Having to build a gstat object with a SpatialPixelsDataFrame and a
SpatialPointsDataFrame, does the gstat object automatically recognize the
supoprt size of the two variables? (That is a block of same dimensions of
the cell size in the SPixelsDF, and a point for the SPointsDF instead)

> > Having then to predict a block co-kriged map on an output grid (again a
SpatialPixelsDataFrame object) with its own cell size, do I have to
explicitly specify the block or does the predict.gstat method automatically
compute block co-kriging?

I think I know the answers but I would feel better with 100% certainty.
Thank you all,
Piero