List:       r-sig-finance
Subject:    Re: [R-SIG-Finance] Cointegration question.
From:       Matt Rimmer <rimmer.matt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2013-06-15 20:19:11

Ganesha/All,

If using a long/short pairs strategy is your ultimate goal, in addition to Kent's \
comments below and from my own interest and research, you may want to consider that, \
whatever timeframe you're looking at, there are other tools used by professionals to \
build paired strategies other than a cointegration test.

Some recent examples include;
Intraday:
http://dspace.mit.edu/bitstream/handle/1721.1/59122/658860705.pdf

Longer-term::
http://turnkeyanalyst.com/2013/06/pairs-trading-kicks-butt/?utm_source=empiricalfinanc \
e%2Fblog&utm_medium=Empirical+Finance+Blog&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+turnkeyanalyst+%28Turnkey+Analyst+Blog%29

Matt