List:       r-sig-finance
Subject:    Re: [R-SIG-Finance] picking up the current index plus n -1, n-2, ...,
From:       Marc Delvaux <mdelvaux () gmail ! com>
Date:       2010-11-11 4:53:36

Moving average of all sorts are supported in package TTR,
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/TTR/index.html.
For arithmetic moving averages, you can also use cumsum followed by a diff
with the correct lag
Also for more general problems that involve rolling time windows, you should
consider rollapply in
package zoo http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/zoo/index.html

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 7:52 PM, Santosh Srinivas <
santosh.srinivas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Stephen,
>
> Can't understand your question without a dataset (see dput) and
> reproducible
> sample
> But not sure why sum(x[n:(n-20),]) would not work (see ?unlist too for
> possible solutions... from experience)
>
> HTH

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]