List:       r-sig-finance
Subject:    [R-sig-finance] Outlier Threshold for Temporal Analysis of variable
From:       mvida () mitre ! org (Melanie Vida)
Date:       2005-02-25 19:02:32

For a financial data set with large variance, I'm trying to find the
outlier threshold of one variable "x" over a two year period. I
qqplot(x2001, x2002) and found a normal distribution. The latter part of
the normal distribution did not look linear though. Is there a best way
to find the outlier threshold of this variable from 2001 and 2002  in R?