List:       r-help
Subject:    Re: [R] Limit in Directory Hierarchy?
From:       Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil () dcn ! davis ! ca ! us>
Date:       2018-03-26 1:32:36

This is the wrong place to ask what RStudio can or cannot do. However, if your \
question is about R you should try invoking your reproducible example in RGui or the \
command line R.exe before posting here.

R has no directory depth limit. There is an operating system limit on returning paths \
more than 260 characters long, and this seems to create problems sometimes (Google \
it). You might also look at operating system permissions for the "0318.data" \
directory.