List:       r-help
Subject:    [R] Overriding lack of i386 build for ROracle when updating packages
From:       "Laviolette, Michael" <Michael.Laviolette () dhhs ! nh ! gov>
Date:       2017-04-28 18:51:17

Since I query my Oracle warehouse often, I load the ROracle package on startup. \
Whenever I update packages from RStudio (which actually runs the install.packages \
function) with ROracle loaded, I get the following error:

Error: package 'ROracle' is not installed for 'arch = i386'

Unloading the package doesn't help; I have to edit my startup script to not load \
ROracle, then restart R, update packages, and restore my original startup script. I \
don' t have any use for 32-bit ROracle and am not sure that it exists (the package \
archive doesn't contain a "libs/i386" folder. Does anyone know of a way to override \
the lack of an i386 build when installing other packages?

Thanks,
M.L.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]