List:       r-help
Subject:    Re: [R] Format a dataset for use with R with chunking
From:       Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil () dcn ! davis ! ca ! us>
Date:       2015-12-28 23:28:55

Have you looked at the High Performance Computing Task View on CRAN?

Whatever you do,  keep in mind that the algorithms you intend to apply will have a \
strong impact on which data management approach is going to work best. Start small \
before diving in with all your data, and try successively larger amounts of data to \
help extrapolate weekday will happen when you process the whole data set.

In addition,  if you do use SQL, keep in mind that your table schema and index \
                selection can make or break your project (but this is not a SQL \
                support forum).