List:       r-help
Subject:    Re: [R] using survey weights for correlations
From:       "John Fox" <jfox () mcmaster ! ca>
Date:       2008-11-30 21:00:50

Dear Steve,

You can use svyvar() in the svy package to compute a covariance matrix that properly \
reflects the weights (and other details of the sampling design), and from this, using \
cov2cor(), a correlation matrix (if you want that too). You should get consistent \
estimates from sem() in the sem package (assuming that's what you were planning to \
use), but standard errors and statistical tests won't be right. You should be able to \
get valid inferences by bootstrapping, making proper allowance for the weights in \
resampling.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox, Professor