List:       r-devel
Subject:    [Rd] gcc optimization
From:       Jarrod Hadfield <j.hadfield () ed ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2016-05-18 5:28:32

Hi,

I have noticed that the run times for MCMCglmm models (mainly written in
C/C++) have suddenly jumped up on Linux machines (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.4
and  Scientific Linux 6.6) yet they have remained stable on Windows
where they run much faster than on Linux. I wondered whether something
had changed with the deafult optimization flags for gcc? I am using R 3.2.3.

Cheers,

Jarrod

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.