List:       r-devel
Subject:    Re: [Rd] stats::kernel
From:       Pierre Chausse <pchausse () uwaterloo ! ca>
Date:       2010-11-30 18:57:17

  Thanks.

It is true that I can set m manually. I just thought that since the
default depended on the length of coef that it was setting it right when
coef was a vector. Since when the coef is a name, the default is always
2, the following modification would make the job.

kernel <- function (coef, m = ifelse(is.character(coef), 2, length(coef)
- 1), r, name = "unknown")

best regards.

*Pierre Chausse*
Assistant Professor