List:       r-devel
Subject:    [Rd] Accessing browser() in an embedded R
From:       Bernd Schoeller <bernd.schoeller () comerge ! net>
Date:       2009-02-27 16:08:15

Dear List,

I have embedded an R interpreter into an application. This works very
well until now.

As a next step, I would like to make the 'browser()' debugging
infrastructure available. Currently, I am executing R code running
'try_eval'. My main application blocks until the try_eval terminates.

What happens to my try_eval when it runs into browser()? How can I read
and write to the browser?

Any hints are welcome. Thanks,
   Bernd