List:       r-devel
Subject:    Re: [Rd] (PR#11054) "Writing R Extensions": bad example with CAR
From:       anders () ebi ! ac ! uk
Date:       2008-03-31 20:55:08

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:
> I didn't say 'USE_RINTERNALS is not needed' for your code: I said it was
> not used for the code that was run.

I see. My original point was that the text of the "Writing R extension"
manual advises against using 'USE_RINTERNALS' but then gives an example
that only works when this macro is defined, without even pointing out
this requirement. I merely wanted to suggest adding a little note to the
manual at this point to make the matter easier for the reader.

Best regards
   Simon Anders