List:       r-devel
Subject:    [Rd] documentation on seek needs update
From:       "Vadim Ogranovich" <vograno () evafunds ! com>
Date:       2005-03-22 17:48:16

 Hi,

I wondered how seek() deals with large (>2GB) files. The help says that
the 'where' arg should be an integer, while the release notes for 2.0.0
say

    o	seek() on connections now accepts and returns a double for the
	file position.	This allows >2Gb files to be handled on a
	64-bit platform (and some 32-bit platforms).

I assume that the help file just had not been updated, correct?

Thanks,
Vadim

> version
         _