List:       qvwm-english
Subject:    [qvwm-e:00148] Re: Bugs / Changes / Ideas
From:       ^me^ <me_ () linuxfreak ! com>
Date:       1999-12-29 22:23:01

> > >3.  Icon reading.  most X apps have xpm icons embedded in them.  Should
> > >be able to pick those out and slap them on the taskbar.
> > >

> > Do X apps have 16x16 icons embedded in them, or only 32x32?  If only
> Completely application dependent. And, if there are several icons, no way to
> know which icon is the intended application icon, whereas the others are
> toolbars or such.
> The only reliable icon information is the WM hints - which are only valid if
> the application is running.
Exactly.  We don't need to grab every icon for every X program on the system.
just for the currently running app to put it in the taskbar and alt-tab. And
then, we can save it to an xpm somewhere so we don't have to call the WM hints
each time.

> I think he refers to the
> "Run(&R)" "run32.ani" "xterm -geometry 60x1 -T command"
> line in [StartMenu]. Yeah, you can use rxvt if you prefer (-:
> I wonder if anyone on the list remembers the perl script which was run by the
> "find" menu option, in the first versions of qvwm... (-:
Actually, a dialog not unlike the windows run dialog would be nice....
-----
a .sig would be nice too... eh, too lazy ;-)
-----
Michael Cohen