List:       qvwm-english
Subject:    [qvwm-e:00140] Bugs / Changes / Ideas
From:       ^me^ <me_ () linuxfreak ! com>
Date:       1999-12-29 17:16:26

Hi.  Just installed the RPM of 1.1.4 and I've got a lot of ideas.
1.  Settings dialog for the taskbar.  it's kinda annoying that the taskbar
location and everything else is not all in one place.  They're kind of
disorganized on the right click menu.

2.  Ability to turn off those darn animations.  I've found that I like to cover
up the blasted icons after a while of staring at the screen.

3.  Icon reading.  most X apps have xpm icons embedded in them.  Should be able
to pick those out and slap them on the taskbar.

4. Add new icons via right-click and wizard thing.  Would be very cool.

5.  Drag and Drop compatible w/ GNOME and KDE.  That would be the best thing I
can see ever doing.  It'd make QVWM one of the first to support both.

6.  New toolbars.  Quick launch toolbar was a cool idea from M$.  I'd like to
see one in QVWM.  Also, moving toolbars around w/ the mouse is cool.

7.  Taskbar shouldn't show all apps when they're off the desktop.  it makes it
kinda cluttered.  plus that would be a quick-and-dirty fix for the dissapearing
app effect in the bugs section on the web page.

8.  Windows button support.  Most people I know that run linux still have a
windows button but it never gets pressed.

9.  Run dialog. xterm, AAAAAH no. ick.

10.  better system tray support.  if I kill xeyes or xload it doesn't resize to
get rid of them.

This is a plenty big list for now.  I've got perhaps 15 other things I'd like
to see but it depends how long it takes to get these going.  Anyways, I'm gonna
grab the source soon and start hacking... I've got to go on vacation until
monday though, so I'll start when I get back.
--------
fsck, and grep, and touch, and fsck some more.
--------
Michael Cohen