List:       qvwm-english
Subject:    [qvwm-e:00274] Re: non-animated Icon version
From:       Mitch Davis <mjd () alphalink ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-01-06 23:14:14

lonnie@outstep.com wrote:

> Is there a version of qvwm without the animated Icons and also one that does
> not compile in the taskbar and pager? Possibly the animated background is what
> is causing me problems.

Hi Lonnie,

qvwm can be customized to do what you want.  There is a default
configuration file in /usr/local/share/qvwm/system.qvwmrc.  If you
copy this file to .qvwmrc in your home directory, you can edit it
to your liking.

I believe changing these lines in your .qvwmrc file will do what
you want:

  ImageAnimation          = False
  UsePager                = False
  UseTaskbar              = False

> I was able to compile up the latest version with no problems but it does not
> work for our project. This project is working on building a type of "Exceed"
> that will allow Windows and MAC to connect to an Xserver and place some Icons
> on the users desktop.

"but it does not work for our project" doesn't give us much of an
idea what the problem is.  Can you be more specific please?

Regards,

Mitch.
--
mailto:mjd@alphalink.com.au