List:       qubes-users
Subject:    Re: [qubes-users] Template for X?
From:       Sandy Harris <sandyinchina () gmail ! com>
Date:       2023-05-02 9:41:46

Steve Coleman <stevenlcoleman42@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 29, 2023, 4:53 AM Sandy Harris <sandyinchina@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Is there a template to make a qube that just runs as an X terminal?
>
> If you turn on Qubes debugging for any AppVM it will start within a terminal window \
> with a command line interface. If that AppVM has X installed you should still be \
> able to start other apps that will appear in their own window.
> Is this what you are looking for?

It does not sound like it. I'll have two machines, one running Qubes &
two monitors, the other headless. What I want is a qube that runs X
with all its client processes on the headless one. I know I can do
that with a full linux in that qube, but wonder how much that can be
stripped down in an X server. I do not need that qube to do anything
except handle display for the headless machine.