List:       qubes-users
Subject:    Re: [qubes-users] The safest way to search in files on an external hard drive
From:       Michael Singer <singermichael () posteo ! de>
Date:       2021-07-12 11:02:38

    On 7/9/21 12:01 PM, Michael Singer wrote:

        After decryption, my file system presents itself to me as an ordinary \
                directory
        that I find somewhere under /media/xy. The encryption program used works in a
        way that the device in /dev/xvdi is always encrypted. Only what is currently
        accessed in the /media/xy folder is decrypted. Consequently, it does not work
        if I use the following command to create a loop that I then mount in another
        qube, because it will not be decrypted there:

        $disp1: sudo losetup -r /dev/loop0 /dev/xvdi