List:       qubes-users
Subject:    [qubes-users] Two VPN questions and one Qube Manager question.
From:       entiosis via qubes-users <qubes-users () googlegroups ! com>
Date:       2018-10-31 19:06:39

1) I've successfully managed to set up a "ProxyVM" (or "AppVM" as it is called in \
Qubes 4.0) to run as VPN gateway with Private Internet Access (PIA)/Openvpn by \
following the guide in qubes documentation; https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/vpn/ and \
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1_zqT7_N7k  PIA provides 33 gateways around the \
world to choose from, what I wonder is; how can I (easily) change and choose the \
various gateways of the sys-vpn (ProxyVM) as I normally can when directly using PIA? \
I may need to make my IP appear to come from one specific country, or have the desire \
to change from which country I've been connected to after a while. Also, can the \
ProxyVM be set to make gateway connections at random?

2) The Qubes doc mention that if I want to be able to use the Qubes Firewall I should \
create a new Firewall VM. How do I actually create a Firewall VM that uses Qubes \
Firewall? I assume there must be a different process than a normal "create new qube". \
Also, is it actually needed to add a firewall behind the VPN? AppVM → \
sys-vpn-firewall → sys-vpn → sys-firewall → sys-net, it just seems like a \
overly long line to me.

3) The "Autorefresh" button in Qube Manager have magically disappeared from the tool \
bar. Its supposed to be located in Dom0 Qube Manager, to the right of the three \
icons; Global Setting → Backup Qubes → Restore Qubes From Backup → "Missing" \
Qube Refresh. Is there any fairy dust I can sprinkle on the terminal in dom0 to make \
that button reappear?

Please keep in mind that I'm a newbie Qubes user and a fairly new Linux (Mint) user \
of just a couple of years if/when you of you reply to these questions.