List:       qubes-users
Subject:    [qubes-users] I figured out something Qubes needs!!  (desktop-vm)
From:       Luke Saul <luke.saul () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-10-30 2:02:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

After using Qubes almost exclusively for a bit over a year, I figured out
what the problem is (in my head of course).

This is going to sound really lame, but give it a thought and consider it.

People are used to having usable desktops.  They like dragging to the
space, right clicking the space for terminal / settings menu, and even
moving icons around there.  Obviously, this is not the way qubes works -
dom0 is not a place one wants to hang out.  So what if I could make a
desktop-vm.  Or allow app-vms to draw from an assigned desktop vm, kinda
like they get network from a netvm.

What do you think?