List:       qubes-users
Subject:    [qubes-users] Re: HCL - Macbook Pro 13 inch, retina display (late 2013)
From:       timwelter <timwelter () gmail ! com>
Date:       2015-09-30 16:43:42

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Monday, September 28, 2015 at 9:29:43 PM UTC-4, john.app...@gmail.com
wrote:

> hey mate any updates on this?
>
> How did you get Qubes to even get past the installer screen? I just get to
> the installer GUI and then click install and it goes to prompt saying
> with nothing happening...

I am impressed as well as I have heard nothing but headaches.  IIRC
Macbooks handle the bios mode in sort of an auto mode by taking the que
from the partition table setup.  Lenovos  have this option at least
recently as well where they can set to discover whether its UEFI or
Legacy/CMS mode.  But still I have heard people having issues with getting
qubes to reliably load.  Maybe its a hardware change that is the dif??

The wifi should have been a typcial driver issue although its sort of a
surprise that such a popular wifi modem does not have kernel support in
3.19.

Just in case here is a thread for Fedora 21 for a macbook pro with the same
BCM4360 not recognized issue.
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1732925  I think its the
second to last post where it consolidates all the info.