List:       qubes-users
Subject:    Re: [qubes-users] bugreport | Dom0 configuration | /var/log overflow in dom0 (looks like qubes has h
From:       Oleg Artemiev <grey.olli () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-11-23 12:37:24

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 11:59 PM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
<marmarek@invisiblethingslab.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 09:40:23PM +0400, Oleg Artemiev wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 4:04 AM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki
> > <marmarek@invisiblethingslab.com> wrote:

> > > Did you spot which log was so big? More likely some log was not
> > > configured in logrotate, than logrotate not running.
> > files under /var/log/xen/console , those ignored by logrotate due to
> > missing su string.
>
> Note that logrotate complains only about 3 files directly in
> /var/log/xen, not /var/log/xen/console.
> Check if you have /var/log/xen/console/*.log in /etc/logrotate.d/xen.
Yes, I've that in /etc/logrotate.d/xen:

/var/log/xen/xend-debug.log /var/log/xen/xen-hotplug.log
/var/log/xen/domain-builder-ng.log
/var/log/xen/console/*.log{
    su root qubes
    notifempty
    missingok
    copytruncate
}

'su root qubes' is added myself. /var/log/xen/console is not group
writable, so it shouldn't be skipped. Strange.
I've no idea then why them where that big.