List:       qubes-devel
Subject:    [qubes-devel] Re: The NitroPC Pro is Qubes-certified!
From:       Andrew David Wong <adw () qubes-os ! org>
Date:       2023-09-07 8:28:42

On 9/6/23 10:57 AM, Andrew David Wong wrote:
> Dear Qubes Community,
>
> It is our pleasure to announce that the [NitroPC \
> Pro](https://shop.nitrokey.com/shop/product/nitropc-pro-523) is [officially \
> certified](https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/certified-hardware/) for Qubes OS Release \
> 4!
> ## The NitroPC Pro: a secure, powerful workstation
>
> The [NitroPC Pro](https://shop.nitrokey.com/shop/product/nitropc-pro-523) is a \
> workstation for high security and performance requirements. The open-source \
> [Dasharo coreboot](https://github.com/Dasharo/coreboot) firmware ensures high \
> transparency and security while avoiding backdoors and security holes in the \
> firmware. The device is certified for compatibility with Qubes OS 4.X by the Qubes \
> developers. Carefully selected components ensure high performance, stability, and \
> durability. The Dasharo Entry Subscription guarantees continuous firmware \
> development and fast firmware updates.
> [![Photo of NitroPC \
> Pro](https://www.qubes-os.org/attachment/posts/nitropc-pro.jpg)](https://shop.nitrokey.com/shop/product/nitropc-pro-523)
>
> Here's a summary of the main component options available for this mid-tower desktop \
> PC:
> > Component                    | Options                                            \
> > |
> > ----------------------------- | \
> > -------------------------------------------------------- |
> > Motherboard                  | MSI PRO Z690-A DDR5 (Wi-Fi optional)               \
> > |
> > Processor                    | 12th Generation Intel Core i5-12600K or i9-12900K  \
> > |
> > Memory                       | 16 GB to 128 GB DDR5                               \
> > |
> > NVMe storage (optional)      | Up to two NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 SSDs, up to 2 TB each   \
> > |
> > SATA storage (optional)      | Up to two SATA SSDs, up to 7.68 TB each            \
> > |
> > Integrated graphics          | Intel UHD 770                                      \
> > |
> > Discrete graphics (optional) | Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 or 4090                    \
> > |
> > Wireless (optional)          | Wi-Fi 6E, 2400 Mbps, 802.11/a/b/g/n/ac/ax, \
> > Bluetooth 5.2 |
> > Operating system (optional)  | Qubes OS 4.1 or Ubuntu 22.04 LTS                   \
> > |

> [...]

*Important addendum*: As indicated in the table above, when configuring your NitroPC \
Pro on the Nitrokey website, there is an option for a discrete graphics card (e.g., \
Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 or 4090) in addition to integrated graphics (e.g., Intel UHD \
770, which is always included because it is physically built into the CPU). Please \
note that NitroPC Pro configurations that include discrete graphics cards are *not* \
Qubes-certified. The only NitroPC Pro configurations that are Qubes-certified are \
those that contain *only* integrated graphics.