List:       qubes-devel
Subject:    [qubes-devel] Use OCRmyPDF for "trusted" PDF
From:       Vorname Nachname <stadthemmingen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-12-12 14:37:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Qubes OS allows to convert PDF documents into "trusted" PDF files, which
end up to be big images of the original file. Should we consider using
OCRmyPDF (1,2) to get searchable text back for the "trusted" PDFs?
I'm aware that - from a security point of view - we don't want to make
thinks too complex, but this would make Qubes OS better suited for office
work.

(1) https://ocrmypdf.readthedocs.io/en/latest/index.html
(2) https://github.com/jbarlow83/OCRmyPDF