List:       qubes-devel
Subject:    [qubes-devel] Next major release of Qubes OS
From:       John Smiley <jrsmiley () gmail ! com>
Date:       2019-12-06 0:27:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

I've read various things that hint at some major changes coming to Qubes OS
and so I have been holding off continuing to invest my time in diving deep
into the current implementation.  In particular, I've seen indications that
Qubes is migrating away from Xen and toward KVM.  Xen seems to be "mostly
dead" as Billy Crystal would say and many services either already have or
are well on their way to replacing it with KVM.  There also seems to be
movement toward more lightweight solutions for isolating processes than
virtual machines, as seen in Subgraph/Citadel/Oz (which oddly have not seen
much attention in recent years if GitHub is anything to go by).

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I would like to hear from the Qubes
developers what the roadmap looks like in this regard.  Some of us would
probably be more inclined to devote our time to assisting you if we knew
such projects were in the works.

Please share with us what you can.