List:       qubes-devel
Subject:    Re: [qubes-devel] Qubes Air's usefulness
From:       "'Tom Zander' via qubes-devel" <qubes-devel () googlegroups ! com>
Date:       2018-01-23 13:47:30

On Tuesday, 23 January 2018 03:13:17 CET Kelly Dean wrote:
> If a user needs Qubes, that means he needs more security than a
> conventional OS gives.

I'd like to challange that assumption.

Following this assumption is like a self-fulfilling proficy; if you limit your
userbase to people that need "more security", you will limit your userbase
to a small group of people.

Aiming to be the best you can be for people that need more security is
great, and Qubes does that.
Being the best at that makes it likely to become good enough for a lot wider
group of people.

I would like that, aim to be the best for security minded people and support
efforts to make it available for everyone.

Naturally, my work on the qubes-controller to create a more usable user-
interface for everyone is following this thought.
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io