List:       qubes-devel
Subject:    [qubes-devel] Re: Qubes + OpenXT
From:       rianquinn () gmail ! com
Date:       2017-03-09 16:40:01

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Actually... I don't think the Qubes goals and the OpenXT goals are all that
dissimilar. As already stated, OpenXT used to be XenClient XT, and the open
source community basically inherited a bunch of code from Citrix that
really needed a LOT of work. The use of DBus for example is something
everyone wants to get rid of (and has been brought up a lot). I would not
"blindly" accept any code from anyone (as previously mentioned), but there
are a lot of things that OpenXT does that could be done better in Xen, the
QEMU stubdomain for example. Joanna's summary of the graphics layer is
out-of-date as well (the link from Xen summit that Brendan presented is a
good reference), and to address the above comment, OpenXT's main use case
are Windows guest VMs, so there is a fair amount of work to support Windows
really well.

Seems to me there is probably a things both teams to leverage / learn from.

- Rian