List:       qubes-devel
Subject:    Re: [qubes-devel] Storage pools
From:       Chris Laprise <tasket () openmailbox ! org>
Date:       2016-12-12 17:43:17

On 12/12/2016 01:07 AM, Bahtiar `kalkin-` Gadimov wrote:
> Currently the only supported driver out of the box is `xen`. The
> benefit of pools (besides that you can write an own storage driver
> i.e. for btrfs) in R3.2 is that you can store your domains in multiple
> places.

Thanks! That aspect--using multiple places--is what the term "pools"
suggested to me, so I'm glad it can be used that way. It seems like
users could use different pools to enable different backup procedures
(based on btrfs subvolumes and btrfs-send, for example).

The only question for me is how existing VMs could be moved to other
pools. (Thinking it would be a nice feature if Qubes would automatically
recognize any VM dir placed within a known pool.)

Chris