List:       qubes-devel
Subject:    Re: [qubes-devel] Librem 13 psmouse patch for 3.1?
From:       Marek =?utf-8?Q?Marczykowski-G=C3=B3recki?= <marmarek () invisiblethingslab ! com>
Date:       2016-02-22 12:01:36

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 10:05:06PM -0800, Kyle Rankin wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 09:16:23PM +0100, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> [snip]
> > Yes, the next kernel version probably will have this config change
> > applied. Just needs to check if it doesn't break anything (for example
> > installer).
> >
> > As you've probably seen, I've also created rpm packaging of it. This way
> > it would be trivial to install the package out of yum repository (for
> > now - "qubes-dom0-unstable").
> >
> > So, now the installation instruction would be:
> > sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-unstable
> > kernel-4.1.13-8.1* kernel-devel-4.1.13-8.1* psmouse-byd-dkms
> >
> > There are also some (minor?) issues with the driver itself (cc Jay Kuri
> > for that):
> > 1. There are kernel messages about "unknown code detected". I've noticed
> > those:
> > - d7, 29 - no idea what was that
> > - 32 - two-finger click
> > - ce - three-finger click
> > - 2f - two-finger click at the bottom edge
> > 2. Haven't managed to get middle-click in any way
> > 3. Not possible (?) to re-enable touch-to-click (but disabled by default
> > seems to be ok)
> >

> I received a pull request earlier from one of the maintainers of the
> upstream patch so my DKMS module now incorporates some of the latest
> enhancements in the BYD mouse driver and it also looks like that team and
> the developer you referenced earlier in the thread are now collaborating on
> the driver.
>
> It would be great if you could rebuild the DKMS RPM based on the latest
> driver at your convenience.

Done, uploaded (as previously) to qubes-dom0-unstable repo. Installation
instruction is the same, except that kernel version have changed to
4.1.13-9* (you can simply use "4.1.*" which should also work in the
future).

It may be needed to call "sudo dkms autoinstall" to rebuild the module
after update.

- --
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki