List:       qubes-devel
Subject:    Re: [qubes-devel] Re: Qubes Builder failed Archlinux repository is missing
From:       TimW <timwelter () gmail ! com>
Date:       2016-02-01 3:52:24

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Sunday, January 31, 2016 at 11:45:39 AM UTC-5, sudod...@gmail.com wrote:

> [...]
> > >
> > > For the different verions: Have a look at
> > > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/qubes-devel/support/qubes-devel/wySWr9h1QwU/0_IRCZ5TBgAJ
> > >
> > > .
> > > I think there is not enough capacity to guarantee long term support and
> > > we'd better stick to the most current stable release. This is also the Arch
> > > way. Cutting-edge software, rolling release but not really LTS.
> > >

> > Awesome.   That is what I thought as well given all the changes.   I was
> > thinking it would make it very cluttered or make for too many pages it we
> > started leaving the support for all the past Qubes ver and there issues.
> > Most of the past issues are now all gone with the current.
> >
> > I have finished all but just a few things.
> >
> > It took a bit of time for me to turn the odt and rewrite it into the .md.
> > I had to host all the screen shots.  Then I had to learn the formatting
> > and syntax of .md git style files.   I ended up finding using a local
> > markdown text editor locally the easiest way.    I found ReText to be the
> > best combo of basic and ease of use plus all the functions needed.   I
> > posted about it in the documentation thread in the user list.
> >

> > *sudod..*
> >
> > *Can you please post what you current build file is. ( complete).*  I
> > need to put that in place of the original ( now not functional) one you
> > posted in the user archlinux thread.     I want to get some screenshots of
> > the output of the final template creation.
> >

> > *I also still need someone to test the: XferCommand =
> > http_proxy=10.137.255.254:8082 <http://10.137.255.254:8082> /usr/bin/curl
> > -C - -f %u > %o*
> >
> > Currently it does not work for me and I do not want to include bad
> > instructions.  I need to know if this is a overall issue with pacman lack
> > of support for this function or  solely a config issue with my personal
> > setup.
> >
> > I think that IF pacman in its default form can work as it should with the
> > qubes proxy service that is what should be documented.  But if it can not
> > work then I will include the instructions for setting up powerpill wrapper
> > on pacman to get it to function.  So far powerpill is the only way I have
> > been able to get it to function properly thru qubes proxy service without
> > opening up access to other apps there by breaking the proxy's security
> > function
> >
> > You can also see my comments on the error output I have been getting with
> > pacman trying to use the XferCommand in the user list archlinux thread.
> >
> > Those are the only things holding me back from sending the pull request.
> >

> > Cheers,
> >

> > Tim
> >

> My builder.conf has been generated with the 'setup' python script. The
> override.conf is necessary because 'setup' does not add the 'DISTS_VM +=
> archlinux' line to builder.conf.
> Fixing that bug in setup should not be that hard but I didn't yet have a

Well I see why you guys like to use the builder setup scripts.  Way less
work vs manually setting up the builder.conf.  I quickly looked thru the
setup script.

After things I noticed:

First I could not find the association for the need to have fc23 checked
off.

Now looking at your builder.conf from ./setup   I noticed yours is release
3 not 3.1.  I thought you were on 3.1?  Not sure how much it matter either
way.  I chose the 3.1 choice as it was defaulted in the ./setup choice.

I also found I could not get fc23 unchecked or it would give me the error
saying it was listed by not a chosen template and you either had to go back
and chose it or cancel as you stated.    I did uncheck salt as we are not
actually building fc23 and archlinux does not employ it.

Next was the need for override.conf.    I created it in the qubes-builder
root and before running ./setup.  But I noticed that unlike your
builder.conf mine actually did add the 'DISTS_VM = archlinux' line to my
builder.conf.  So I do not think I actually need the override but I am not
sure it hurts anything either.

I ran all the qubes-vm components individually and all finsihed fine.

But I still ran into a issue with the final make template.

It errored with the following:
 [user@development qubes-builder]$ make linux-template-builder
mkdir -p
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs
 for arch_build_dir in archlinux; do\
    pkgnames=`cat qubes-src/vmm-xen/$arch_build_dir/PKGBUILD | grep pkgname
> cut -d "=" -f 2 | tr -d '()"'`;\
    for pkgname in $pkgnames; do\
        ln -f qubes-src/vmm-xen/pkgs/$pkgname-*.pkg.tar.xz
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs/;\
  done;\
done;\

mkdir -p
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs
 for arch_build_dir in archlinux; do\
    pkgnames=`cat qubes-src/core-vchan-xen/$arch_build_dir/PKGBUILD | grep
pkgname | cut -d "=" -f 2 | tr -d '()"'`;\
    for pkgname in $pkgnames; do\
        ln -f qubes-src/core-vchan-xen/pkgs/$pkgname-*.pkg.tar.xz
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs/;\
  done;\
done;\

mkdir -p
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs
 for arch_build_dir in archlinux; do\
    pkgnames=`cat qubes-src/core-qubesdb/$arch_build_dir/PKGBUILD | grep
pkgname | cut -d "=" -f 2 | tr -d '()"'`;\
    for pkgname in $pkgnames; do\
        ln -f qubes-src/core-qubesdb/pkgs/$pkgname-*.pkg.tar.xz
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs/;\
  done;\
done;\

mkdir -p
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs
 for arch_build_dir in archlinux; do\
    pkgnames=`cat qubes-src/linux-utils/$arch_build_dir/PKGBUILD | grep
pkgname | cut -d "=" -f 2 | tr -d '()"'`;\
    for pkgname in $pkgnames; do\
        ln -f qubes-src/linux-utils/pkgs/$pkgname-*.pkg.tar.xz
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs/;\
  done;\
done;\

mkdir -p
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs
 for arch_build_dir in archlinux; do\
    pkgnames=`cat qubes-src/core-agent-linux/$arch_build_dir/PKGBUILD |
grep pkgname | cut -d "=" -f 2 | tr -d '()"'`;\
    for pkgname in $pkgnames; do\
        ln -f qubes-src/core-agent-linux/pkgs/$pkgname-*.pkg.tar.xz
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs/;\
  done;\
done;\

mkdir -p
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs
 for arch_build_dir in archlinux; do\
    pkgnames=`cat qubes-src/gui-common/$arch_build_dir/PKGBUILD | grep
pkgname | cut -d "=" -f 2 | tr -d '()"'`;\
    for pkgname in $pkgnames; do\
        ln -f qubes-src/gui-common/pkgs/$pkgname-*.pkg.tar.xz
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs/;\
  done;\
done;\

mkdir -p
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs
 for arch_build_dir in archlinux; do\
    pkgnames=`cat qubes-src/gui-agent-linux/$arch_build_dir/PKGBUILD | grep
pkgname | cut -d "=" -f 2 | tr -d '()"'`;\
    for pkgname in $pkgnames; do\
        ln -f qubes-src/gui-agent-linux/pkgs/$pkgname-*.pkg.tar.xz
/home/user/qubes-builder/qubes-src/linux-template-builder/pkgs-for-template/archlinux/pkgs/;\
  done;\
done;\

-> Building template archlinux (logfile:
build-logs/template-archlinux.log)...
**

*ERROR:pkttyagent.c:155:main: assertion failed:
(polkit_unix_process_get_start_time (POLKIT_UNIX_PROCESS (subject)) >
0)**ERROR:pkttyagent.c:155:main: assertion failed:
(polkit_unix_process_get_start_time (POLKIT_UNIX_PROCESS (subject)) > 0)*
--> Done.
[user@development qubes-builder]$

I thought it would give me a bit more on the error like a directory or file
not found.  Only thing I could find on this with archlinux was dealing with
video driver maybe something on qt?

I am attaching my builder.conf file so you can see:

I am going to rerun and doc the setup script choices I make but not sure
that would have to do with this.

Cheers,

Tim