List:       qubes-devel
Subject:    Re: [qubes-devel] guest OS support matrix
From:       Holger Levsen <holger () layer-acht ! org>
Date:       2016-01-28 10:06:29

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 28. Januar 2016, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> Thanks to Axon, it is already here:
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/supported-versions/

cool!

> > BTW, some people have mentioned paid long term support for Qubes, I'm not
> > sure how this can work in practice, because (most of) Qubes is GPL
> > licenced, meaning if you distribute the binaries, you have to provide
> > sources to anyone who's asking.
> Jeremias already answered this - I totally agree.

I havent replied to that one aspect Jeremias ignored (I think), but if you
offer updates for GPL software for money and you give it to anyone, you also
have to give the sources for these updates to anyone asking for them *for
free*. Of course you can still ask for money for the binaries…

Just saying.

cheers,
	Holger