List:       qubes-devel
Subject:    Re: [qubes-devel] Librem 13 psmouse patch for 3.1?
From:       Marek =?utf-8?Q?Marczykowski-G=C3=B3recki?= <marmarek () invisiblethingslab ! com>
Date:       2016-01-22 20:16:23

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 03:14:52PM -0800, Kyle Rankin wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 11:26:15AM -0800, Kyle Rankin wrote:
> > > Ok, kernel-4.1.13-8.1 is in qubes-dom0-unstable repo (together with
> > > appropriate kernel-devel).
> > >

> > This kernel worked as expected. I was able to build and load the DMKS
> > psmouse module and now I get the same basic multi-touch functionality as
> > in the PureOS kernel. Thanks for your help.
> >

> Given that the DMKS module works with this kernel, would it be possible for
> future kernels to make psmouse modular or otherwise would it be possible to
> provide an alternate kernel each time?  While I hope that the changes make
> their way into the mainline kernel eventually, in the mean time it would be
> nice if the eventual 4.1.13-9 and future kernels (such as whatever qubes
> kernel will contain the patch for CVE-2016-0728) has modular psmouse.

Yes, the next kernel version probably will have this config change
applied. Just needs to check if it doesn't break anything (for example
installer).

As you've probably seen, I've also created rpm packaging of it. This way
it would be trivial to install the package out of yum repository (for
now - "qubes-dom0-unstable").

So, now the installation instruction would be:
sudo qubes-dom0-update --enablerepo=qubes-dom0-unstable
kernel-4.1.13-8.1* kernel-devel-4.1.13-8.1* psmouse-byd-dkms

There are also some (minor?) issues with the driver itself (cc Jay Kuri
for that):
1. There are kernel messages about "unknown code detected". I've noticed
those:
 - d7, 29 - no idea what was that
 - 32 - two-finger click
 - ce - three-finger click
 - 2f - two-finger click at the bottom edge
2. Haven't managed to get middle-click in any way
3. Not possible (?) to re-enable touch-to-click (but disabled by default
   seems to be ok)

- --
Best Regards,
Marek Marczykowski-Górecki