List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] IMPORTANT: Quanta developing discussions moved
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2010-07-04 17:54:56

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi all, who still follow this lists!

 First of all: good news. Today Milian, who is doing a Google Summer of
Code project whose point is to revive Quanta for KDE4, demoed me at
Akademy (the annual KDE conferenece) the features that are already
possible with Quanta4.
 I'd say it is impressive, even if it is unfinished and still needs some
things to be implemented and some features to be polished.
 Anyway, I hope he will write a blog and post on the user's list about
the status of the project.
 Then the somewhat bad news: after all those years, with active
development discussions happening here, and a large inactive period with
only a few posts per months, we will move the developer discussions to
another mailing list: the KDevelop developer list. The reason is the
first point: Quanta4 will be KDevelop based, Milian is also a KDevelop
developer and as some parts of Quanta go into the core of KDevelop
(KDevPlatform), it makes sense to discuss things there, instead of
replicating posts or CC'ing between the mailing lists.
 Technically this list will exists, but I suggest everybody who is
interested in Quanta development to subscribe to the kdevelop-devel
mailing list:

Of course, the lists contains posts that are not Quanta related, but it
isn't very high traffic.

Andras