List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] css langauge support skeleton
From:       Niko Sams <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-01 6:13:55

Hi Saulo,

As you want to help us on Quanta4 and you said css support is the first
thing on your list I created a new css language support here:
/trunk/playground/devtools/kdevelop4-extra-plugins/css/

You can checkout and start from there. The first and most important part
for proper css support is of course code completion.
For that you will find CodeCompletionModel in completion/model.cpp.
Documentation is here:
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kdelibs-apidocs/interfaces/ktexteditor/html/classKTextEditor_1_1CodeCompletionModel.html

Basically you have to do some string operations in completionInvoked() to find
out what completion items should be shown. For that you need somewhere a list
of valid css rules...
Nice would be to show what browser supports it.

I'd test the plugin in KDevelop - as it's currently more stable then Quanta.

If you have any questions you know where you can find me :D

much fun,
Niko