List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    [quanta-devel] Quanta Plus + Firefox + XDebug problem:
From:       "Francisco M. Marzoa Alonso" <francisco () marzoa ! com>
Date:       2009-03-23 10:18:05

Hi there,

My name is Francisco and I'm from Spain. I'm just beginning with XDebug,
and I'm interested in its integration with Eclipse/PDT and with Quanta
Plus. I prefer the last, because Eclipse seems to be very unestable on
my Kubuntu System -I do not know why-, and Quanta seems to be not only
more stable, but also lighter. Perhaps it has less functionalities than
Eclipse, but for sure I'll not need the majority of them, so...

However I'm having a problem while debugging: XDebug connects fine to
Quanta, and I can do step by step execution, use breakpoints, etc., but
when script has finished, Firefox still stands waiting for more data...
it seems like XDebug where not closing something, or not flushing a
buffer, or something in that way...

I've check this both using the URL with XDebug GET parameters, like this:

http://devel.lacuruxa.es/index.php?XDEBUG_SESSION_START=1&XDEBUG_PROFILE

And also with the URL without those parameters but using XDebug Helper
plugin for Firefox, with the same result in both cases.

I've seen googling a bit that a few people has experimented similar
problems with Eclipse and XDebug, but I didn't find a solution yet.

I've sent a message to xdebug-general mailing list, and get an answer
from Derick Rethans that says:

"Xdebug used to implement the DBGp protocol wrongly in older versions.
After the change, IDE had to update as well in order to do things
correctly. The Eclipse plugin has done that by now, but I suspect the
quanta plus plugin might not have done so. Please let the quanta plus
people have a look at this issue. If they've questions, they can write
to this last of course."

So I put this here to see if someone is interested on this issue, and
also if there's a solution or at least a meanwhile workaround...

This is the XDebug package that I've installed on my kubuntu:

fmmarzoa@durruti:/var/www$ apt-cache show php5-xdebug | grep -i version
Version: 2.0.2-0ubuntu5

And my Quanta Plus version is 3.5.10 over KDE 3.5.10 also.

Thanks a million in advance, and BTW excuse my English.

Regards,

P.S. I've sent this also to developers list, but I've noticed now that
list has too few activity, so I sent it here also to see if someone
knows a workaround or so for this.