List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Added kxsldbg plugin for Quanta
From:       Keith Isdale <keith () kdewebdev ! org>
Date:       2008-04-22 22:35:22

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 22 April 2008 4:53 pm, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Sunday 20 April 2008, you wrote:
> > On Tuesday 15 April 2008 10:17 am, Keith Isdale wrote:
> > > I have committed an initial version of a kxsldbg plugin for Quanta,
> > > see the added quanta/plugins/kxsldbg/ChangeLog for more details.
> >
> > ..
> >
> > > It is possible the either kxsldbg or the kxsldbg plugin will crash
> > > on exit if that occurs please let me know.
> >
> > It seems that the crash bug in this plug-in persists. I will continue
> > work on that next weekend.
>
> Does it still crash?

Not sure, given past experience I would want to do more testing before I mark
the crash on startup/exit fixed.

> As I wrote there were big changes in KDevelop and
> Quanta as well, so let's see what happens with the current version.

nod

> Regarding your plugin, I would like to ask you to move from a top
> toolview to a bottom one. Toolviews on top look quite strange, I'd like
> to not have any of them there.

Sure, I will move this toolview to the bottom.

My current focus is getting settings to work in all of the xsldbg related
products so that it is possible to open a Quanta "XSLT" project and run it
with the kxsldbg plugin - that is nearly done.  I am now more comfortable
with KDevelop::IProject and have done a lot of work to upgrade xsldbg to
support loading/saving settings.

========= work for KDE 4.2 ======================
I am interested in the kxsldbg plugin having its own projects as a
Quanta "XSLT" project may have several XSLT scripts - probably out of time to
work on that additional feature now.

I am tempted to move all the "tabs" found in the "Inspector" view into the
bottom window, ala Breakpoints for gdb. But that would mean that feature be
ready in late to mid May, not good, so such a feature  would have to be
deferred until KDE 4.2.  From an architecture point of view it would remove
the current strong dependancy of these views on internals of the debugger and
use QStandardModel* as the data transfer mechanism.

Regards,

--
Keith