List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] KDevelop::IOutputView::registerView vs
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-21 6:18:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Hi Keith,

On Monday 21 April 2008, Keith Isdale wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I recently did a p4 update of  kdevplatform I noticed a source
> incompatible change in KDevelop::IOutputView which effects the Upload
> plugin and the kxsldbg plugin. I wish to submit my code to suit the
> new API in KDevelop::IOutputView.

Things have changed (and may change) in KDevPlatform, especially last
week as we had the KDevelop hackaton.

> Can I assume that others will soon also p4 update kdevplatform and
> hence need the attached patch plus the fix to the kxsldbg plugin?

Yes, the code needs to be adapted in such cases unless you find the
change in the API wrong, when we have to contact the KDevelop developers
on their mailing list and ask for clarification. in IOuputView IIRC a
change was planned to support more than one outputview in an application
(so separate output for subversion, make, whatever), probably this is
what was committed and broke compilation in kdewebdev.
So please commit the fixes.

Andras