List:       quanta-devel
Subject:    Re: [quanta-devel] Where implement Upload Profiles?
From:       "Niko Sams" <niko.sams () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-02-14 18:16:45

Hi,

>  Ah... what I always wanted to stop short of because I would argue that the
>  only intelligent way to do this was CVS or SVN.
Yep, absolutely true.

What do you think about a Sync-Tool? Probably integrated in the
Upload-Dialog - or as additional tool.
It could work like this great application:

With such a tool you can before starting to work on a project check if
there are changed files on the
server and download them. If the file is changed on both sides it
won't work of course.

Another idea:
When uploading a file store the file somewhere hidden in the local
filesystem. The next time the user
uploads the file again it can be compared to the server-side-file.
This might also work with checksums.

> we could consider offering to synchronize prior to upload, or get updates first from SVN/CVS
That sounds very good (or at least check for updates before upload and
stop the upload if there are
updates)

Niko